Sunday, March 11, 2012

Trying to be Hopeful

Out of respect for Ivan's country I can not share all of the details but I have to tell you that it has become very unlikely that we will be able to adopt Ivan. I can tell you that we are very sad about this.

How we long to meet him.

To hold him.

To treasure him as the precious child that he is.

I really do feel that Ivan would want to have a Mommy and a Daddy if he was able to give his opinion. Oh to be so loved! Isn't that what every child wants?

I don't know who is all reading my blog but I want everyone to know that if we were granted the privilege of being Ivan's parents we would (and do) honour and value his heritage. We are already planning on teaching him and Renee his language. We would love to travel back to his country so he can know it well and feel that it is an important part of him.

Will you all pray that some how God in his awesome power will make it possible for us to adopt Ivan? We have no other refuge but to trust in Him right now.

"I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm"

10 comments:

  1. Praying my dear friend. Of all the people I know, he could not ask for a better family to call his own than yours. He is such a beautiful boy, so loved, so wanted. Praying that he is allowed to become your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of us Ukrainians are reading this, and every evening praying for Ivan and your family.
    You need to be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your family and for Ivan. He is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lord brought you to mind during the night last night. I was praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that the doors open!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how heartbreaking! I pray that someway, somehow, the doors will be opened for you to bring Ivan home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fell asleep last night praying for your family and sweet Ivan. Please keep us posted of any changes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any updates? We clicked the link to Reece's Rainbow and you are not listed there anymore. We are continuing to pray for you and for Ivan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I blogged about your sweet boy at the end of November... Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete