Sunday, March 11, 2012

Trying to be Hopeful

Out of respect for Ivan's country I can not share all of the details but I have to tell you that it has become very unlikely that we will be able to adopt Ivan. I can tell you that we are very sad about this.

How we long to meet him.

To hold him.

To treasure him as the precious child that he is.

I really do feel that Ivan would want to have a Mommy and a Daddy if he was able to give his opinion. Oh to be so loved! Isn't that what every child wants?

I don't know who is all reading my blog but I want everyone to know that if we were granted the privilege of being Ivan's parents we would (and do) honour and value his heritage. We are already planning on teaching him and Renee his language. We would love to travel back to his country so he can know it well and feel that it is an important part of him.

Will you all pray that some how God in his awesome power will make it possible for us to adopt Ivan? We have no other refuge but to trust in Him right now.

"I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm"

Saturday, March 3, 2012

So close yet so far

We are getting so close to leaving for Ivan's country. Even though it is so great to be submitted we are still feeling so far away from him. We are glad to have updates on him (he is rolling over all on his own!!!) and we are so grateful that so many people in Eastern Europe have befriended us and are bringing him diapers and gifts! Thank-you!

Thursday, March 1, 2012


Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!! God has granted our prayers. We have officially had our dossier submitted to Ivan's country and have confirmation that he is cleared for adoption!!! We are so excited! We got the call at 4 AM! And now it's 4:30 and I had to share with all of you!

Travel should take place between 4-6 weeks from now and our to do list is very large. Please will you pray that we will get it done. Please pray that we don't have any more bumps in the road between now and our flights, and that we don't get sick, especially not Renee.

Thank-you all so much for following on our amazing journey to bring home a precious boy.